Back pain is common and is in fact one of the leading causes why people visit a medical Provider. Symptoms of back pain include:
- Shooting pain
- Stabbing pain
- Pain radiates to your legs
- Pain that gets worse if you bend, stand, walk, or lift an object
- Pain that improves if you recline
- Muscle ache
While common, back pain could indicate an underlying condition or require pain management treatment. To diagnose the cause of your back pain, stop by ModernMD to be evaluated by a Provider, especially if:
- It’s your first time experiencing back pain and you are over 50 years old
- You have a history of osteoporosis, steroid use, drug use, excessive alcohol use, or cancer.
- You are experiencing bladder or bowel problems as well
- The pain is accompanied by fever
- The pain succeeded a fall or other injury
- The pain does not improve with rest
- The pain radiates to your legs
- Your leg is numb
Bones are connected by joints which allow you to move and provide support to your body. Diseases and injuries may affect your joints and cause pain and limit your movement. These conditions include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
While joint pain is extremely common, it can be debilitating.
If you are experiencing unexplained joint pain, visit a ModernMD for diagnosis and treatment, which may include medication, physical therapy, or a referral to a specialist.
Insurance coverage can be confusing! Check out our list of accepted insurances to find your specific plan.