Also called “muscle pulls” or “muscle tears” muscle strain refers to damage to a muscle or its surrounding tendons. Symptoms include:
- Pain even when at rest
- Pain when the muscle is used
- Feeling of weakness in the muscle
- Swelling or bruising on the area
- Inability to use the muscle
Mild muscle strain is not life threatening, but can be painful.
If rest does not provide the relief you need visit or you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, visit ModernMD ASAP! Seek immediate care if:
- You are unable to bear weight
- You have significant swelling or pain is present
- The pain is accompanied by fever
- You heard a popping sound with the injury
Insurance coverage can be confusing! Check out our list of accepted insurances to find your specific plan.